by Lea-Ann W. Berst – Chair, Website Committee
GUIDELINES FOR ADDING BPW-RELATED EVENTS TO THE NATIONAL WEBSITE CALENDAR SYSTEM
NFBPWC Committee chairs, NFBPWC Affiliate organizations, and international BPW clubs should send calendar submissions to: EVENTS@nfbpwc.org
- A two-week minimum lead time is recommended for submissions, when possible, to make sure the editor can review your request with ample time for your event to be promoted on the calendar and relevant email feeds.
- All events listed on the NFBPWC website must be associated with BPW, open to the public, and/or open to all BPW members.
- Events are reviewed, edited, and added to the calendar at the discretion of the calendar editor and administrators.
- For committees (and for Affiliates without their own online registration capability):
- For Affiliate & International BPW groups who have created their own online registration page for an event:
EVENT SUBMISSIONS MUST CONTAIN:
- EVENT TITLE
- When writing your title, make sure it can stand alone. You'll want people to get an understanding of what the event is, if only the title is what they see.
- DATE & TIME OF EVENT
- Please provide a time zone spread like: [7pm ET | 6pm CT | 5pm MT | 4pm PT]
- Resource: https://time.is/ET
- WHEN EVENT ENDS
- EVENT DESCRIPTION
- Give people the information they need to make a decision about attending.
---- Concentrate on why people will want to come to your event.
---- Tell them who the speaker will be and about the speaker’s expertise / qualifications.
---- Explain what makes the speaker a relevant and interesting person to learn from.
---- Be sure to put the most important information near the top because most readers will skim the first few sentences.
- Keep sentences and paragraphs short and easy to scan.
- Double check your spelling.
- Provide links to relevant content because readers expect links to find out more about the content. Search engines like internal links, so try to link to content already on the NFBPWC website (like state or committee or blog pages)
- Spell out acronyms that may be unfamiliar to most audiences.
- Include keywords or actionable hashtags to make your event searchable on social media. (Keywords are the words that people might use to search for your event.)
- VENUE (name of place & address / online Zoom, etc.)
- WEBSITE/TICKET LINK (if we do not create the event)
- EVENT IMAGE
- Captivating image that appropriately conveys your event such as portraits of speakers or photos of venues.
- ZOOM CREDENTIALS (if we do create the event)
- We will add Zoom Credentials to the event registration confirmation and reminder emails.
EVENT SUBMISSIONS SHOULD NOT CONTAIN phone numbers or email address to register for an event. We must use web addresses for registration.